Web Access thru DOI VPN (Juniper Client) and a BlackBerry Smartphone (Tethering)
- User turns on the laptop and logs into the network normally to create local login cached credentials before leaving the office. This step is critical to using the Juniper client away from the office.
- User must ensure sufficient signal strength to their service provider on their BlackBerry in order to utilize tethering.
- User turns on the laptop.
- User invokes ALT-CTRL-DEL to begin the login process.
- User logs into the laptop with their cached credentials using their normal userID and password.
- User clicks on ‘OK’ to acknowledge using cached credentials.
- User plugs in their USB cable into their BlackBerry smartphone and into any USB port.
- User starts the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
- User enters their BlackBerry device password into the Device Password Required pop-up screen.
- User does not enter in their Lotus Notes Login password. User should hit the Cancel button, then minimize the Desktop Manger screen.
- User starts the Control Panel then Network Connections. User identifies the Juniper BlackBerry Tethering icon found under the Dial-up section, then right clicks and hits Connect.
- User notes that operating system displays a 'Juniper BlackBerry Tethering is now connected' screen.
- User starts Internet Explorer and manually enters in https://access.doi.gov/blm.
- The Bureau of Land Management Remote Access login screen will appear.
- User inserts their Department of the Interior identification badge into the card reader slot of the laptop.
- User clicks on the "Connect" button for the "DOI Access Card" section of the screen.
- User enters in their PIN# associated with their DOI card.
- A "Please wait…" screen is displayed. After a few moments a Client Applications Sessions section of the screen appears with a listing below it named Network Connect. Note: If this is the first time the laptop was used to connect to the BLM network using the Juniper method, the login process will be delayed about one minute while the Juniper software is upgraded.
- User minimizes the Client Applications Sessions screen.
- User is now logged into the BLM network.