The Vale District manages the Oregon section of the Owyhee River from the Oregon/Idaho state line to the Owyhee Reservoir. The Idaho section of the river (above the state line) is managed through the Idaho BLM.
Owyhee River Private Boater Information
Responsible use of these fragile resources can ensure continued enjoyment of the Owyhee River for generations to come. Please review the following information, and discuss regulations and expectations with all members of your group.
Owyhee River Commercial Boater Information
- Special Recreation Application Form (PDF)
- Exchange of Commercial Launch Dates Form (PDF)
- Post-Season Report Form for the Owyhee River Above the Dam (Commercial Use Only) (PDF)
- Post-Season Report Form for the Owyhee River Below the Dam (Commercial Use Only) (PDF)
- Owyhee Reservoir Water Level
- River Flow of Owyhee River Near Rome, Oregon