The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) ensures that the BLM (and other Federal Agencies) considers the impact of an action on the quality of the human environment before decisions are made and the action is taken. NEPA-related documents are required to concentrate on significant issues. The NEPA process is intended to help public officials make better decisions based on an understanding of environmental consequences, and take actions that protect, restore, and enhance the quality of the human environment.
As of October 1, 2015, the BLM now hosts all of our current and ongoing planning documents on the new ePlanning site. EPlanning allows you to review and comment online on BLM NEPA and planning projects. This site also makes finding documents easier by allowing you to search for projects by geographic location, project resource type, year, and other project-specific fields.
All of BLM's planning documents prior to October 2015, can be found in the Oregon/Washington NEPA document library. Documents can be searched by fiscal year, district, program area, and document type via the NEPA Document Search form.
Projects with Documents Currently Under Public Review
The following list contains NEPA documents that are currently available for public review, protest, or appeal.
|Project Name||Document||Start Date||End Date||Resource Area|
|Little Whitehorse Creek Crossing Road Repair|
|Little Whitehorse Creek Crossing Road Repair FONSI||Jordan|
|Little Whitehorse Creek Crossing Road Repair EA||Jordan|
|Appeal||Little Whitehorse Creek Crossing Road Repair Decision Record||09/30/2015||10/29/2015||Jordan|
|Leslie Gulch Fire (JU3L) Emergency Stabilization and Rehabilitation|
|Map 2: Vegetation Treatments||Malheur|
|Map 1: Improvements, Maintenance and Repair||Malheur|
|Leslie Gulch Fire ESR Scoping Letter||Malheur|
|Leslie Gulch ESR EA||Malheur|
|Leslie Gulch ESR EA Finding of No Significant Impact||Malheur|
|Appeal||Leslie Gulch ESR Decision Record||09/30/2015||10/29/2015||Malheur|
|OR-68503 Renewal of Existing Power Line|
|Appeal||OR-68503 Renewal of Existing Power Line||09/29/2015||10/28/2015||Baker City|
Project Planning Updates
Trout Creek EIS Public Scoping Documents
- 2010 Scoping Letter to Public (PDF)
- Scoping Background and Issues, Trout Creek Geographic Management Area (TCGMA) – February 2010 (PDF)
- Brief Synopsis of Pre-Scoping EIS Alternatives, February 2010 Scoping Meetings (PDF)
- Rangeland Grazing Allotment Statistics and Management Categories for the Analysis Area (PDF)
- Grazing EIS Alternative 3B - Allotments and Pastures Where Livestock Grazing Use Would Cease (PDF)
- Corrected Table B - Trout Creek Geographic Management Area Standards of Rangeland Health Evaluation (PDF)
- Corrected Table B (Continued) - Trout Creek Geographic Management Area Standards of Rangeland Health Evaluation (PDF)
- Map - Trout Creek Wilderness Study Areas and Status of Wilderness Characteristic Inventory Units (PDF)
Public Comments: Before including address, phone number, email-address, or any other personal identifying information in your comments, be advised that your entire comment, including personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While individuals may request that the BLM withhold personal identifying information from public view, the BLM cannot guarantee it will be able to do so. If you wish us to withhold your personal information you must state this prominently at the beginning of your comment. We will make all submissions from organizations or businesses available for public disclosure in their entirety.