Project development necessary for implementation of land use plans (Resource Management Plans) requires analysis under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). NEPA ensures that the BLM (and other Federal agencies) consider the impact of an action on the quality of the human environment before decisions are made and the action is taken. Two types of NEPA documents that are prepared and provide opportunity for public involvement are Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments. There are certain actions which have been categorically excluded from further NEPA analysis because it has been determined that the actions have insignificant effects on the human environment. These actions are documented in a Categorical Exclusion review. Until recently, these types of actions were not subject to public review. New categories of excluded actions, including fuels and forest health treatments, now provide for a public review period for those actions.
Project planning updates provide BLM a means to achieve public scoping by notifying the public of the status of projects in the process of planning and analysis for implementation in the near future or currently being implemented.
For additional search options, use the advanced search page.
Documents Currently Under Public Review
The following list contains NEPA documents that are currently available for public review, protest, or appeal.
|Project Name||Start Date||End Date||Doc Type||Resource Area|
|No Documents at this time|
Existing/Historic Documents (5 Most Recent)
The following list contains NEPA documents that have passed the public review period.
|Project Name||Date||Doc Type||Resource Area|
|Grassy Mountain Fire ESR||10/29/2013||Documentation of NEPA Adequacy||Jordan|
|Grassy Mountain Fire ESR||10/28/2013||Decision Record||Jordan|
|Grassy Mountain Fire ESR||10/28/2013||Decision Rationale||Jordan|
|Curry Canyon Fire ESR||10/28/2013||Decision Record||Malheur|
|Curry Canyon Fire ESR||10/28/2013||Documentation of NEPA Adequacy||Malheur|
NEPA Document Library
- No information available at this time.
Project Planning Updates
Trout Creek EIS Public Scoping Documents
- 2010 Scoping Letter to Public (PDF)
- Scoping Background and Issues, Trout Creek Geographic Management Area (TCGMA) – February 2010 (PDF)
- Brief Synopsis of Pre-Scoping EIS Alternatives, February 2010 Scoping Meetings (PDF)
- Rangeland Grazing Allotment Statistics and Management Categories for the Analysis Area (PDF)
- Grazing EIS Alternative 3B - Allotments and Pastures Where Livestock Grazing Use Would Cease (PDF)
- Corrected Table B - Trout Creek Geographic Management Area Standards of Rangeland Health Evaluation (PDF)
- Corrected Table B (Continued) - Trout Creek Geographic Management Area Standards of Rangeland Health Evaluation (PDF)
- Map - Trout Creek Wilderness Study Areas and Status of Wilderness Characteristic Inventory Units (PDF)
Public Comments: Before including address, phone number, email-address, or any other personal identifying information in your comments, be advised that your entire comment, including personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While individuals may request that the BLM withhold personal identifying information from public view, the BLM cannot guarantee it will be able to do so. If you wish us to withhold your personal information you must state this prominently at the beginning of your comment. We will make all submissions from organizations or businesses available for public disclosure in their entirety.