Public Recommended Reading Links
Documents/links related to the Collaborative Forestry Pilot Project include:
- February 24, 2010 (PDF)
- March 3, 2010 (PDF)
- March 10, 2010 (PDF)
- March 31, 2010 (PDF)
- April 7, 2010 (PDF)
- April 14, 2010 (PDF)
Public's Recommended Reading Links
- Heiken, Doug. 2003. Restoration Thinning in Young Plantations West of the Cascades: Science Summary and Synthesis. (PDF)
- Hunter, Matthew G. 2001. Communiqué #3: Management in young forests. Cascade Center for Ecosystem Management. 28pp. (PDF)
- Muir, P.S., R.L. Mattingly, J.C. Tappeiner II, J.D. Bailey, W.E. Elliott, J.C. Hagar, J.C. Miller, E.B. Peterson, and E.E. Starkey. 2002. Managing for biodiversity in young Douglas-fir forests of western Oregon. U.S. Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division, Biological Science Report USGS/BRD/BSR–2002-0006. 76 pp. (PDF)
- Western Forestry Leadership Coalition. 2009. The True Cost of Wildfire in the Western U.S.
- White, Rachel. Integrating science and experience into silvicultural prescriptions and forest research. Summary of June 14-15, 2007 workshop.
- Wilson, Todd M., Andrew B. Carey, Juliann E. Aukema. 2002. Thinning to Induce Spatial Heterogeneity: One Step Towards Providing Multiple Values in Managed Stands.
- Winter, Linda E., Linda B. Brubaker, Jerry F. Franklin, Eric A. Miller, and Donald Q. DeWitt. 2002. Initiation of an old-growth Douglas-fir stand in the Pacific Northwest: a reconstruction from tree-ring records. Can. J. For. Res./Rev. Can. Rech. For. 32(6): 1039-1056 (2002).