Collaborative Forestry Pilot Project
Welcome to the Roseburg District Collaborative Forestry Pilot Project
The Bureau of Land Managementís Roseburg District is initiating a public process to apply principles of "collaborative forestry" in the District. This collaborative approach is based on the following three goals:
- Accelerate the development of habitat components across the landscape as needed to support the conservation and recovery of Northern Spotted Owls and Marbled Murrelets.
- Reduce the hazard of uncharacteristically large/intense wildfire in dry forest types as needed to support landscape and community fire resiliency/resistance.
- Provide reliable and substantial timber volume to support employment, income and public services while recovery planning/critical habitat designation and associated land use planning are addressed.
- Project Process
- Project Schedule
- Maps & Presentations
- Public Recommended Reading Links
- Contact Information and Public Comments
- Collaborative Forestry Scoping Report 2010 (PDF)
- Collaborative Forestry Pilot Video