North Bank Habitat Management Area
- Main Entrance Gate is open Friday through Monday.
- Winter hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm October through March.
- Summer hours are 8:00am to 8:00 pm April through September.
- The gate is closed Tuesday through Thursday.
- Pedestrian access is open 24 hours a day at all entrances.
- NBHMA Grazing Areas - Spring 2012 (PDF)
- NBHMA Test Grazing Area (PDF)
- North Bank HMA Base Map (PDF)
- North Bank HMA Base Map - B&W (PDF)
- Deer Hunting Zone Map - B&W (PDF)
- Driving Directions
Trailhead and Parking Information
West Entrance: Can accommodate 4-5 horse trailers or 10 vehicles, has small informational kiosk.
Main Entrance–Comstock Day Use Area: Can accommodate 6-8 horse trailers and 8 vehicles. Facilities: first come first served pavilion, picnic tables, fire ring, barbeque, large informational kiosk, composting toilet. Does not have potable water. Only open to vehicle access Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Primary: Ensure that habitat for the Columbian white-tailed deer and special status species is managed to maintain species viability over time.
Secondary: Accommodate other uses that are compatible with the primary management goal. Current use allows hiking, dogs, mountain biking, equestrians, and hunting. Please be respectful of other users.
- Habitat Management Plan (PDF): Our guiding management document.
- Environmental Impact Statement (PDF): An analysis of impacts that might result from management activities.
- For information on fire restrictions, see the Douglas Forest Protective Association.
- For information on hunting at North Bank, see the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, or contact the southwest region office of the ODFW at 541-440-3353.
- For informaton on the weather, see the National Weather Service.
For more information, please contact the North Bank Habitat Management Area coordinator Jake Winn at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 541-440-4930.