Millican Valley Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Trail System
The Millican Valley Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Trail System consists of lands southwest of Prineville, Oregon along George Millican Road, extending south of Highway 20. Trails and play areas are provided for Class I, II, and III off-highway vehicles (OHVs), although other trail users can use these trails as well.
The area is made up of three separate riding areas:
- Millican Plateau: open year-round; please note a small wildlife closure on the west side of this area from
Jan. 1 - Aug. 31st
- North Millican: Open May 1 - Nov. 30th
- South Millican: Open Aug. 1st - Nov. 30th; note wildlife closure along route 27 from Feb. 1 - August 31st
This trail use area provides year-round riding for Class I, II and III users and includes 255 miles of designated routes, nine staging areas, and three play areas.
Trails in the Millican Valley are designated with varying difficulty levels to allow visitors to choose trails according to skill levels and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. These levels are represented by the following symbols:
- Easy Trail
- More Difficult/Moderate Trail
- Very Difficult
- Extremely Difficult
The Millican Valley OHV trails and facilities are managed by the Central Oregon Off-Highway Vehicle Operations (COHVOPS) team, a partnership between Prineville BLM, Deschutes and Ochoco National Forests and Oregon Parks and Recreation (ATV Program). Many local ATV, OHV and motorcycle clubs and organizations also contribute to this program, and many volunteers have donated long hours of hard work to make this a high quality riding area. Fees from your ATV registration sticker make this possible!
For questions relating to trails, routes, closures, rules, and concerns, please contact:
- OHV Hotline (Recorded information): 541-383-4010
- COHVOPS Office: 541-383-6700 (63095 Deschutes Market Rd., Bend, OR 97701)
- Prineville BLM: 541-416-6700