Fire Alerts and Closures
When wildfires impact recreation areas, roads, trails and other areas used by the public, a closure may be issued to restrict public access to the area. These closures keep the public safe and improve firefighter safety by limiting the number of vehicles on roads in the fire area. These closures are temporary, and will be lifted when the area is safe for the public to re-enter.
- Jackass, Murderers Creek and Oliver Creek Roads south of Dayville, OR now open; Deer Creek Road to remain closed until further notice due to rolling rock and hazard trees (PDF)
Public Use Restrictions
When temperatures increase and we're experiencing problems with wildfires, travel and campfire use may be restricted. Watch here for temporary restrictions or for our annual restrictions along our rivers.
- There are no public use restrictions in place at this time.
Industrial Fire Precaution Level
Road or Recreation Site Closures
Roads or recreation sites may be closed for construction, repair, or restoration. For road conditions throughout the state, you can also visit www.tripcheck.com.
- South Junction Campground Railroad Crossing (PDF)
- Tumalo Canal Trailhead/Barr Road Construction (PDF)
Wildlife or Plants
Sometimes human activities can harm our local wildlife and plants, and temporary or seasonal closures may be put in place. Look here for temporary or annual closures.
- Deep Canyon wildlife closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Dry River Canyon wildlife closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Fryrear wildlife closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Horny Hollow (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Maston and Jaguar Rd. wildlife closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Millican Plateau OHV Route #95 wildlife closure (Jan. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Trout Creek wildlife closure (Jan. 15 - Aug. 31)
- Tumalo Reservoir wildlife closure (Jan. 1 - Aug. 31)
NOTE: Herbicide spraying complete for 2014. Areas temporarily closed for spraying will re-open at 1 p.m. on October 30, 2014