Fire Alerts and Closures
When wildfires impact recreation areas, roads, trails and other areas used by the public, a closure may be issued to restrict public access to the area. These closures keep the public safe and improve firefighter safety by limiting the number of vehicles on roads in the fire area. These closures are temporary, and will be lifted when the area is safe for the public to re-enter.
- Temporary closure of 3 BLM roads in Grant County, Oregon (PDF)
- Deer Creek Road added to South Fork Fire Complex Road Closures (PDF)
Public Use Restrictions
When temperatures increase and we're experiencing problems with wildfires, travel and campfire use may be restricted. Watch here for temporary restrictions or for our annual restrictions along our rivers.
- Campfire Restrictions now in place in Central Oregon (PDF)
- Annual Fire Restrictions in place on John Day, Deschutes, Crooked and White Rivers, and on Lake Billy Chinook (PDF)
- Fireworks and Exploding Targets prohibited on BLM lands in Oregon (PDF)
Industrial Fire Precaution Level
Road or Recreation Site Closures
Roads or recreation sites may be closed for construction, repair, or restoration. For road conditions throughout the state, you can also visit www.tripcheck.com.
- Macks Canyon Boat Ramp and Campground Improvement Project (PDF)
- Grant County Road Construction - Spring/Summer 2014 (PDF)
- South Junction Campground Railroad Crossing (PDF)
Wildlife or Plants
Sometimes human activities can harm our local wildlife and plants, and temporary or seasonal closures may be put in place. Look here for temporary or annual closures.
- Deep Canyon Wildlife Closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31) (PDF)
- Dry River Canyon Wildlife Closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31) (PDF)
- Fryrear Wildlife Closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31) (PDF)
- Horny Hollow (part of Otter Bench Trail System) Wildlife Closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31) (PDF)
- Lifted 5/19/2014 - Maston/Jaguar Wildlife Closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Lifted 5/19/2014 - Millican Plateau OHV Route #95 wildlife closure (Jan. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Lifted 5/19/2014 - Trout Creek Climbing Area Wildlife Closure (Jan. 15 - Aug. 31)
Other types of closures or alerts may include information about events, hazardous conditions such as high snags or blue-green algae, or any other critical information that needs to be singled out.
- There are no closures in place at this time.