Fire Alerts and Closures
When wildfires impact recreation areas, roads, trails and other areas used by the public, a closure may be issued to restrict public access to the area. These closures keep the public safe and improve firefighter safety by limiting the number of vehicles on roads in the fire area. These closures are temporary, and will be lifted when the area is safe for the public to re-enter.
- Jackass, Murderers Creek and Oliver Creek Roads south of Dayville, OR now open; Deer Creek Road to remain closed until further notice due to rolling rock and hazard trees (PDF)
Public Use Restrictions
When temperatures increase and we're experiencing problems with wildfires, travel and campfire use may be restricted. Watch here for temporary restrictions or for our annual restrictions along our rivers.
- Annual Fire Restrictions go in place on Deschutes, Crooked and White Rivers, and Lake Billy Chinook on
June 1, 2015 (PDF)
- Annual Fire Restrictions go in place on the John Day River on June 1, 2015 (PDF)
Industrial Fire Precaution Level
Road or Recreation Site Closures
Roads or recreation sites may be closed for construction, repair, or restoration. For road conditions throughout the state, you can also visit www.tripcheck.com.
- Partial closure of Rosland OHV play area during ODOT construction (PDF)
- South Junction Campground Railroad Crossing (PDF)
- Teaters Road Closed to public access on 5 mile stretch through private land (PDF)
- Trout Creek Road Resurfacing project to begin April 23, 2015 - Expect Delays (PDF)
- Tumalo Canal Trailhead/Barr Road Construction (PDF)
Wildlife or Plants
Sometimes human activities can harm our local wildlife and plants, and temporary or seasonal closures may be put in place. Look here for temporary or annual closures.
- Deep Canyon - closure lifted on May 20, 2015
- Dry River Canyon wildlife closure (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Fryrear - closure lifted on May 15, 2015
- Horny Hollow (Feb. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Maston and Jaguar Rd. - closure lifted on May 20, 2015
- Millican Plateau OHV Route #95 wildlife closure (Jan. 1 - Aug. 31)
- Trout Creek - closure lifted on May 15, 2015
- Tumalo Reservoir wildlife closure (Jan. 1 - Aug. 31)