Fire Alerts and Closures
When wildfires impact recreation areas, roads, trails and other areas used by the public, a closure may be issued to restrict public access to the area. These closures keep the public safe and improve firefighter safety by limiting the number of vehicles on roads in the fire area. These closures are temporary, and will be lifted when the area is safe for the public to re-enter.
- No fire closures to report at this time.
Public Use Restrictions
When temperatures increase and we're experiencing problems with wildfires, travel and campfire use may be restricted. Watch here for temporary restrictions or for our annual restrictions along our rivers.
- No public use restrictions in effect at this time.
Industrial Fire Precaution Level
Road or Recreation Site Closures
Roads or recreation sites may be closed for construction, repair, or restoration. For road conditions throughout the state, you can also visit www.tripcheck.com.
- Partial closure of Rosland OHV play area during ODOT construction (PDF)
- South Junction Campground Railroad Crossing (PDF)
- Teaters Road Closed to public access on 5 mile stretch through private land (PDF)
Wildlife or Plants
Sometimes human activities can harm our local wildlife and plants, and temporary or seasonal closures may be put in place. Look here for temporary or annual closures.
- Deep Canyon - Closed Feb. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- Dry River Canyon - Closed Feb. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- Fryrear - Closed Feb. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- Horny Hollow - Closed Feb. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- Maston and Jaguar Rd. - Closed Feb. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- Millican Plateau OHV Route #95 - Closed Jan. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- North Millican Route #25 - Closed Feb. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- Trout Creek - Closed Jan. 15 - August 31 (PDF)
- Tumalo Reservoir - Closed Jan. 1 - August 31 (PDF)
- Notice of herbicide spraying and short-term closure in South Fork Fire area near Dayville, Oregon (March 14-26, 2016) (PDF)
- Notice of herbicide spraying and short-term closure in Black Rock Fire area near Clarno, Oregon (March 14 - 26, 2016) (PDF)