Project development necessary for implementation of land use plans (Resource Management Plans) requires analysis under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). NEPA ensures that the BLM (and other Federal agencies) consider the impact of an action on the quality of the human environment before decisions are made and the action is taken. Two types of NEPA documents that are prepared and provide opportunity for public involvement are Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments. There are certain actions which have been categorically excluded from further NEPA analysis because it has been determined that the actions have insignificant effects on the human environment. These actions are documented in a Categorical Exclusion review. Until recently, these types of actions were not subject to public review. New categories of excluded actions, including fuels and forest health treatments, now provide for a public review period for those actions.
Project planning updates provide BLM a means to achieve public scoping by notifying the public of the status of projects in the process of planning and analysis for implementation in the near future or currently being implemented. These updates are produced annually for each district.
For additional search options, use the advanced search page.
For a list of state level plans, view the existing plans page.
For corrected NEPA document numbers for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2009, view the new NEPA numbering system (PDF).
Key Planning Efforts in Medford
- Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument
- Evans Creek Forest Management Project
- Mountain of the Rogue Trail Project
- Nedsbar Forest Management Project
- South Fork Little Butte Project
- Table Rocks Management Plan
- Trail Creek Forest Management Project
Documents Currently Under Public Review
The following list contains NEPA documents that are currently available for public review, protest, or appeal.
|Project Name||Start Date||End Date||Doc Type||Resource Area|
|Mountain of the Rogue Trail System||7/25/14||8/25/14||Decision Record||Butte Falls|
|Recreation Site and Trail Maintenance 2014-2019||7/31/14||9/02/14||Categorical Exclusion / Decision Record||Medford DO|
Existing/Historic Documents (5 Most Recent)
The following list contains NEPA documents that have passed the public review period.
|Project Name||Date||Doc Type||Resource Area|
|Hunter Communications, Inc. Right-of-Way (OR 068159)||8/12/2014||Categorical Exclusion / Decision Record||Ashland|
|Wolf Pup Project - Revised EA and Decision Record||7/31/2014||Decision Record||Grants Pass|
|East West Junction Project||7/31/2014||Decision Record||Grants Pass|
|Jumping Bean Ecological Forestry Project||7/31/2014||FONSI/Decision Record||Grants Pass|
|Trail Creek Forest Management Project||7/25/2014||Decision Record||Butte Falls|
Project Planning Updates
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2014 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2014 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2013/2014 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2012/2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2012 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2012 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2011/2012 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2011 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2011 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2011 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2010 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2010 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2010 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2009 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2009 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2008 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2008 (PDF)
Public Comments: Before including address, phone number, email-address, or any other personal identifying information in your comments, be advised that your entire comment, including personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While individuals may request that the BLM withhold personal identifying information from public view, the BLM cannot guarantee it will be able to do so. If you wish us to withhold your personal information you must state this prominently at the beginning of your comment. We will make all submissions from organizations or businesses available for public disclosure in their entirety.