Project development necessary for implementation of land use plans (Resource Management Plans) requires analysis under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). NEPA ensures that the BLM (and other Federal agencies) consider the impact of an action on the quality of the human environment before decisions are made and the action is taken. Two types of NEPA documents that are prepared and provide opportunity for public involvement are Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments. There are certain actions which have been categorically excluded from further NEPA analysis because it has been determined that the actions have insignificant effects on the human environment. These actions are documented in a Categorical Exclusion review. Until recently, these types of actions were not subject to public review. New categories of excluded actions, including fuels and forest health treatments, now provide for a public review period for those actions.
Project planning updates provide BLM a means to achieve public scoping by notifying the public of the status of projects in the process of planning and analysis for implementation in the near future or currently being implemented. These updates are produced annually for each district.
For additional search options, use the advanced search page.
For a list of state level plans, view the existing plans page.
For corrected NEPA document numbers for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2009, view the new NEPA numbering system (PDF).
Key Planning Efforts in Medford
- Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument
- Evans Creek Forest Management Project
- Middle Applegate Watershed Pilot Joe Project
- Mountain of the Rogue Trail Project
- Table Rocks Management Plan
- Trail Creek Forest Management Project
- Williams IVM Project
Documents Currently Under Public Review (Sorted by Review Period End Date)
The following list contains NEPA documents that are currently available for public review, protest, or appeal.
|Project Name||Start Date||End Date||Doc Type||Resource Area|
|Double Bowen Forest Management Project||2/19/14||3/21/14||Scoping Letter||Butte Falls|
|ODFW/Gold Hill Irrigation District Fish Screen Structure and Bypass Pipe Replacment||2/28/14||3/28/14||Categorical Exclusion / Decision Record||Butte Falls|
|Howard Forest Management Project||3/06/14||4/05/14||Environmental Assessment||Ashland|
|Mountain of the Rogue Trail System||3/10/14||4/09/14||Environmental Assessment||Butte Falls|
|Aquatic and Riparian Habitat Enhancement||3/11/14||4/11/14||Environmental Assessment||Medford DO|
Existing/Historic Documents (5 Most Recent)
The following list contains NEPA documents that have passed the public review period.
|Project Name||Date||Doc Type||Resource Area|
|O&C Logging Road Right-of-Way Permit (OR 67932)||3/10/2014||Categorical Exclusion / Decision Record||Ashland|
|Sterling Mine Ditch Trail Organized Foot Race||3/05/2014||Categorical Exclusion / Decision Record||Ashland|
|North Fork Little Butte ODFW Fish Screen Installation||2/27/2014||Categorical Exclusion / Decision Record||Ashland|
|Stratton/Brimstone Salvage Project||2/13/2014||Categorical Exclusion||Grants Pass|
|Categorical Exclusion Determination and Decision Record for OR-067561 Right-of-Way Grant||2/04/2014||Categorical Exclusion / Decision Record||Butte Falls|
Project Planning Updates
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2013/2014 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2012/2013 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2012 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2012 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2011/2012 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2011 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2011 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2011 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2010 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2010 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Spring 2010 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Winter 2009 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2009 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Fall 2008 (PDF)
- Medford's Messenger - Summer 2008 (PDF)
Public Comments: Before including address, phone number, email-address, or any other personal identifying information in your comments, be advised that your entire comment, including personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While individuals may request that the BLM withhold personal identifying information from public view, the BLM cannot guarantee it will be able to do so. If you wish us to withhold your personal information you must state this prominently at the beginning of your comment. We will make all submissions from organizations or businesses available for public disclosure in their entirety.