Project development necessary for implementation of land use plans (Resource Management Plans) requires analysis under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). NEPA ensures that the BLM (and other Federal agencies) consider the impact of an action on the quality of the human environment before decisions are made and the action is taken. Two types of NEPA documents that are prepared and provide opportunity for public involvement are Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments. There are certain actions which have been categorically excluded from further NEPA analysis because it has been determined that the actions have insignificant effects on the human environment. These actions are documented in a Categorical Exclusion review. Until recently, these types of actions were not subject to public review. New categories of excluded actions, including fuels and forest health treatments, now provide for a public review period for those actions.
Project planning updates provide BLM a means to achieve public scoping by notifying the public of the status of projects in the process of planning and analysis for implementation in the near future or currently being implemented. These updates are produced annually for each district.
For additional search options, use the advanced search page.
Projects with Documents Currently Under Public Review
The following list contains NEPA documents that are currently available for public review, protest, or appeal.
|Project Name||Document||Start Date||End Date||Resource Area|
|Cloud 19 CT Timber Sale|
|Protest||Cloud 19 CT Timber Sale Decision Documentation||10/01/2015||10/16/2015||Umpqua|
NEPA Document Library
- No information available at this time.
Project Planning Updates
- Summer 2015 Planning Update (PDF)
- Spring 2015 Planning Update (PDF)
- Summer 2013 Planning Update (PDF)
- Spring 2013 Planning Update (PDF)
- Fall 2012 Planning Update (PDF)
- Summer 2012 Planning Update (PDF)
- Spring 2012 Planning Update (PDF)
- Fall 2011 Planning Update (PDF)
- Summer 2011 Planning Update (PDF)
- Winter 2011 Planning Update (PDF)
- Summer 2010 Planning Update (PDF)
- Spring 2010 Planning Update (PDF)
- Fall 2009 Planning Update (PDF)
- Winter 2009 Planning Update (PDF)
- Fall 2008 Planning Update (PDF)
- Spring 2008 Planning Update (PDF)
- Fall 2007 Planning Update (PDF)
Public Comments: Before including address, phone number, email-address, or any other personal identifying information in your comments, be advised that your entire comment, including personal identifying information, may be made publicly available at any time. While individuals may request that the BLM withhold personal identifying information from public view, the BLM cannot guarantee it will be able to do so. If you wish us to withhold your personal information you must state this prominently at the beginning of your comment. We will make all submissions from organizations or businesses available for public disclosure in their entirety.