Burns Interagency Fire Zone
Current Fire Regulations
- Industrial Fire Precaution Level - Level 2, effective June 29
- Fire Danger Rating - HIGH, effective June 29
Regulated Fire Restrictions
EAST STEENS MOUNTAIN FIRE RESTRICTION - EFFECTIVE JUNE 27, 2015
The fire restriction prohibits the following acts on federal land:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire or stove fire, including charcoal briquette fire. (Liquefied and bottled gas stoves and heaters are permitted. When used outside of developed recreation sites, stoves and heaters must be used within an area at least 10 feet in diameter that is barren or clear of all flammable material.)
- Smoking outside of a vehicle, trailer or building, except within areas barren of all flammable materials for at least a 3-foot diameter, or on boats on rivers and lakes.
- Operating any type of motorized vehicle without a shovel with a blade at least 8 inches wide and a container with at least 1-gallon of water, or a fully charged 2.5-pound fire extinguisher.
- Parking vehicles on roadways not clear of all flammable materials. Vehicles must be parked on developed roadways, which are those areas clear of flammable debris, berm to berm.
Map of restriction area (PDF)
***Though usually accidental, human caused fires endanger communities, cost taxpayers millions of dollars every year to suppress, and can cause long-term damage to the environment. Use fire wisely! Remember: ONE LESS SPARK, ONE LESS WILDFIRE.
- CURRENT WILDFIRE INFORMATION
- Area Vicinity map for Burns/Hines (PDF)
- Employment Opportunities
- Fire Detection
- Fire Statistics
- Fire Links
- Pocket Cards
- Protection Resources
- Protection Zone
- Red Flag Program