The Bureau of Land Management in Nevada is currently recruiting to fill several position vacancies located at varying duty locations throughout Nevada. For details on the listed positions, visit the USAJOBS website at http://blm.usajobs.gov.
USAJOBS is the U.S. Government’s official system/program for Federal jobs and employment information or contact the BLM Nevada State Office, Branch of Human Resources at 775-861-6431. To know more about careers with BLM, visit www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/blm_jobs.html.
| || |
Job Title and Location
| || || |
|02/10/2016|| ||Environmental Protection Specialist (Battle Mountain)|
|02/10/2016|| ||Associate District Manager (Winnemucca)|
|02/12/2016|| ||Hydrologist (Battle Mountain)|
|02/29/2016|| ||Fire Logistics Dispatcher (Elko, Ely, Las Vegas, Minden & Winnemucca)|
|02/29/2016|| ||Fire Dispatcher-Range/Forestry Technician (Elko, Ely, Las Vegas, Minden & Winnemucca)|
|02/29/2016|| ||Lead Wildland Firefighter-Lead Range/Forestry Technician (Lovelock, McDermitt, Paradise Valley, Winnemucca)|
|03/01/2016|| ||Prevention & Mitigation-Range/Forestry Technician (Carson City)|
|03/01/2016|| ||Supervisory Wildland Firefighter-Supervisory Range/Forestry Technician (Battle Mtn, Carlin, Carson City, Elko, Eureka, Fernley, Golconda, Lovelock, McDermitt, Minden, Reno, Stead AFB, Wells & Winnemucca)|
|03/01/2016|| ||Supervisory Wildland Firefighter-Supervisory Range/Forestry Technician (Caliente, Ely & Pony Springs)|
|03/01/2016|| ||Lead Wildland Firefighter-Lead Range/Forestry Technician (Battle Mtn, Elko & Eureka)|
|03/29/2016|| ||Lead Wildland Firefighter-Lead Range/Forestry Technician (Caliente, Carson City, Fernley, Minden, Reno & Stead AFB)|
|03/29/2016|| ||Wildland Firefighter-Range/Forestry Aid/Technician (Battle Mtn, Caliente, Carlin, Carson City, Elko, Ely, Eureka, Fernley, Golconda, Las Vegas, Logandale, Lovelock, McDermitt, Minden, Pahrump, Paradise Valley, Pony Springs, Reno, Stead AFB, Wells & Winnemucca)|
Live and Work and Play in Nevada
With 48 million acres of public land in Nevada—that’s about 67 percent of the State’s land base—there are lots of opportunities for multiple uses. Gold mining is huge along northeastern Nevada’s Carlin Trend. The state is touted as the Saudi Arabia of solar energy. The word is out among recreationist that Nevada’s wide open spaces are the place to go for outstanding mountain biking, hiking and off-road vehicle riding fun.
The Work Environment
• Nevada’s leadership team sets clear expectations and provides the support for employees to be successful, to have the opportunity to make a difference in the management of the public lands.
• Nevada consistently identifies and develops those within the organization who show the potential and interest in becoming the best they can be.
• The BLM is an employer that offers job security with good wages and benefits. Add to that mix meaningful work and a demand for our services and products and you’ll find this is an excellent work environment.
• No State Income Tax.
• Low Humidity. Sure the temps can head over the 100 degree mark, but it’s a dry heat.
• Lake Tahoe. Year-round fabulousness.
• Mountains, lots of ‘em. Nevada is the most mountainous state in the union with more than 150 mountain ranges.
• Close to major cities. Las Vegas. San Francisco. Los Angeles. Salt Lake City.