U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
|Nevada Wildfire Information|
Precautions to Reduce the Risk of Wildfires
The possession and use of all fireworks (including safe and sane) on BLM-managed public land are prohibited. As fire season continues the BLM, USFS, NDF, BIA and USFWS will be aggressively citing those who do not comply with posted restrictions and those who use or possess fireworks. Violation of these prohibitions is subject to punishment by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than six months or both, as Class B misdemeanors under federal law (agency statutes vary). Persons may also be responsible for resource damage, suppression costs and any injuries that occur if they are found liable for causing a wildfire.
During this time of hot, dry weather, use the following recommendations to reduce your risk of wildfires:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire (using wood, charcoal or any other material), campfire, or stove fire except a portable stove using gas or pressurized liquid fuel, outside of a developed fee campground or picnic area (except by permit).
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or at a developed campground or picnic area.
3. Welding, or operating an acetylene torch with open flames, except by permit.
4. Using or causing to be used, any explosive, except by permit.
5. Possession or use of fireworks (always prohibited), or any other incendiary device.
6. Use of tracer rounds, steel-core ammunition or exploding targets including Binary Explosive Targets while recreational shooting.
7. Open burning (e.g. weeds, brush and yard debris).
The following locations have fire restrictions in place: