U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
|Nevada Wildfire Information|
Fire restrictions are in effect
The possession and use of all fireworks (including safe and sane) on BLM-managed public land are prohibited.
Fire Restrictions Prohibit:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire (using wood, charcoal or any other material), campfire, or stove fire except a portable stove using gas or pressurized liquid fuel, outside of a developed fee campground or picnic area (except by permit).
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or at a developed campground or picnic area.
3. Welding, or operating an acetylene torch with open flames, except by permit.
4. Using or causing to be used, any explosive, except by permit.
5. Possession or use of fireworks (always prohibited), or any other incendiary device.
6. Use of tracer rounds, steel-core ammunition or exploding targets including Binary Explosive Targets while recreational shooting.
7. Open burning (e.g. weeds, brush and yard debris).
Violations can result in a fine of up to $10,000 and a year in jail as well as the costs associated with resource damage, suppression costs, and injuries if found guilty.