Off-highway vehicles are one of many ways to enjoy the Southern Nevada landscape.
Due to public health and environmental concerns, off-highway vehicle closures are in place for certain BLM managed public lands. The BLM closures include:
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area
- All Wilderness Areas
- Las Vegas Valley within the following boundaries:
- North – Apex on I-15 or Lee Canyon on US 95
- South – Sloan Exit on I-15 or mile marker 14.5 on State Route 604
- East – National Park Service’s Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- West – U.S. Forest Service’s Spring Mountains National Recreation Area
- Big Dune – dune beetle habitat, as posted
- Fenced restoration sites and livestock exclosures
Vehicle use is limited to designated roads in Coyote Springs, Eldorado Valley, Gold Butte, Mormon Mesa, Piute Valley, Rainbow Gardens/ Sunrise and Frenchman Mountains, and the Virgin River. Roads are closed unless posted open in these areas. Cross country motorized travel is prohibited. (Click here to get maps.)
Off-highway vehicles may use existing roads, trails and dry washes outside of the closure areas and areas with designated roads.