Campground will closed for summer from May 27 - August 29, 2014
3293 Moenkopi Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89161
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area has one developed campground. Red Rock Canyon Campground is located two miles east of the visitor center on West Charleston Boulevard (State Route 159.) The campground is located one mile south on Moenkopi Road from the junction with West Charleston Boulevard.
Season, Hours of Operation, and Weather
Access to the campground is open 24 hours a day. There is no check-in; however, payment of fees must be made within 30 minutes of arrival at a self-registration station. This campground is a mixed use campground. Campers with tents, and recreational vehicles are intermixed in the area. Generators are permitted between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- The campground is a dry facility.
- There are no electrical, water and sewer hook-ups.
- There is no dump station for recreational vehicles.
- There are no showers.
- Shade is provided at all of the group sites and half of the individual sites.
- Restrooms are vault toilets.
- Water faucets for drinking water are located throughout the campground.
- Firewood is for sale by the campground hosts.
- There are no formal hiking trails in the campground area, however there are miles of old dirt roads closed to vehicles which you can hike on.
The campground has 71 individual campsites (including 14 walk-in sites) and seven group campsites. To make the campsite availability fair to all, there is a 14-day limit in effect.
- Limit nine people per campsite;
- $15 per night per site;
- Two vehicles per site;
- A sand tent pad is provided for approximately two to three tents.
- 10 to 20 people per site;
- $40 per night per site;
- Up to eight vehicles per site.
America the Beautiful Senior and Access pass card holders receive a 50 percent discount on camping fees, except for the group campground. The America the Beautiful Annual Pass, Red Rock Canyon Annual Pass, and National Parks Pass are not accepted for discounts at the campground.
You are responsible for knowing campground rules and regulations.
- Pets must be leashed at all times;
- Pet waste must cleaned up by pet owner;
- Pets may not be left unattended;
- Maximum 14-day limit in 28-day period;
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. (the use of generators, radios, music players, prohibited during this time)
Reservations for the 71 individual campsites is not allowed. It is not suggested to arrive in the middle of the night in the hopes of locating an empty campsite, especially during the fall and spring. The Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday periods are also very busy. Reservations for the group campsites are required and can be made by calling (702) 515-5371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Assist You
Campground hosts live on-site and volunteer for the Bureau of Land Management. They are there to assist you in making your visit as enjoyable as possible.