U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 21, 2006
BLM Asks for Proposals to Conduct Adoptions in Clark and Lincoln Counties
Las Vegas - Do you like a challenge and love the stamina and intelligence of the wild horses of Nevada? Would you like to be a part of finding good homes for wild horses which are available for adoption to qualified, private individuals?
• Develop and execute a plan for marketing and promotion of all adoptions.
• Determine the adoption event type and method and select event locations within Clark and Lincoln Counties.
• Conduct the adoption event which includes arranging for event locations and necessary facilities, like corrals and chutes, and showcasing the animals, as well as transporting the animals to/from events, as applicable to the contractor-selected adoption event type/method.
• Provide humane handling and care of the animals at all times.
• Assure that the public and potential adopters are aware of BLM laws, regulations and qualifications to adopt wild horses.
• Provide a record keeping system as required on the adoption.
• Successfully place between 50 to 100 wild horses each year in a suitable home.
• Closely coordinate with BLM personnel who will be on site during all adoption events. Personnel will be involved in the selection, shipping and transportation of wild horses offered at the adoption events.
Individuals have flexibility in preparing their proposals as the adoption event method is at the contractor’s discretion as long as it is within the parameters of the BLM’s wild horse and burro regulations. The deadline for submission of bids is August 23, 2006. Bids must be mailed or delivered to the BLM-BC National Business Center, BC 663 BLDG 50, DFC, PO Box 25047, Denver, Colorado 80225-0047.
|Last updated: 03-03-2007|
|USA.GOV | No Fear Act | DOI | Disclaimer | About BLM | Notices | Social Media Policy|