The Lincoln County Land Act of 2000
Public Law 106-298
The Lincoln County Land Act (LCLA), P.L. 106-298, was passed by Congress and signed into law in October 2000. The LCLA provides for the disposal of public land within Lincoln County into which 85% of the revenue generated by land sales in Lincoln County is deposited into a special account in the United States Treasury. The remaining 15% is paid to the State of Nevada (5%) and to Lincoln County (10%).
The LCLA authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to expend without further appropriation the revenue deposited in the LCLA Account for:
- Inventory, evaluation, protection, and management of unique archeological resources in Lincoln County.
- Development of a Multiple Species Habitat Conservation Plan (MSHCP) in Lincoln County.
- Reimbursement of costs incurred by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in preparing sales under the LCLA, or other authorized sales within Lincoln County.
- Processing public land use authorizations and rights-of-way stemming from development of the conveyed land.
- Acquisition of environmentally sensitive land or interest in land in the State of Nevada, with priority given to land outside of Clark County.