The Campground at Indian Creek
The 160-acre campground is located on the west shore of Indian Creek Reservoir, elevation 5,600 feet, situated in a forest of ponderosa, Jeffrey and pinyon pine.
Campsite fees are used to help maintain the recreation area. Persons 62 and older with Golden Age Passports are entitled to a 50-percent reduction in camping fees.
A first-come, first-served campground with 19 sites and paved loops and spaces is situated just west of Indian Creek Reservoir. These sites are suitable for recreational vehicles up to 30' in length or tents. The restroom has flush toilets and hot showers. Drinking water and a sanitary dump station are provided.
Fees in the main campground are $20/night for a single site and $32/night for a double site. A second area, designed for walk-in tent camping, has 10 sites, which cost $14/night. Parking is a short distance from the tent sites.
The day-use area has 10 picnic sites, a boat ramp, large parking lot, and restrooms with flush toilets.
The dump station is $10.00 per vehicle for all dump station users.
Group Area: with advance reservations at group of up to 40 people may camp in the group area. This large site accomodates tents only. The fee is $50.00 per night. The group area will not be reserved on the Memorial Day or Labor Day weekends or between July 4th & July 11th. Check out time is 2:00 p.m. Call (775) 885-6000 to make reservations.
Occupancy of Campsites
Sites are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no advance reservation system. Occupancy of a site requires the following:
1. A permit is purchased and is placed in the site box. The additional vehicle fee can be included in one envelope or a separate envelope can be used and also placed in the site box.
2. Camping equipment and/or a recreational vehicle is set up at the site to clearly indicate the site is taken.
3. At least one person must occupy the site during the first night after a permit has been purchased and camping equipment has been set up. Following the first night, equipment can not be left unattended for more than 24 hours.
The capacity of each campsite is dictated by the parking space and tent pad. Tents must be set up on designated tent pads and vehicles must be parked on the paved parking spaces without extending into the access road.
The camping stay limit at Indian Creek Recreation Area is no more than 14 days within a 28 consecutive day interval. A authorized officer of BLM has the discretion to extend the day limit during the weekdays or the off season if the campground is not full. No extensions shall be granted if the campground is anticipated to be full.
Dead and down wood may be gathered from BLM lands for campfires.
When in the campground, please remember...Build fires only in the stoves, grills or fireplaces provided.
* Camp only in designated sites. Pitch your tents on the tent pads reserved.
* All pets must be leashed or physically restrained at all times.
* Operate and park motor vehicles only on roads and in parking areas. Park only on the pavement.
* Dispose of all rubbish in the receptacles provided.
* All natural features are protected so don't destroy, deface or collect. However, dead, and down wood may be used for campfires.
* Bears are occasional visitors. Please use the food storage lockers provided at each campsite, and do not leave food overnight on tables or in tents.