Date: July 15, 2005
SPECIAL ORDERS FIRE RESTRICTIONS
BUREAU OF LAND MAMANEGENT
Battle Mountain Field Office –NEVADA
Due to continuing high to extreme fire hazard conditions and a buildup of fine fuels caused by a wet spring and summer, pursuant to the Code of Federal Regulations, the following acts are prohibited on all public lands within the Bureau of Land Management; Battle Mountain Field Office except in BLM developed recreation sites.
Restrictions: Pursuant to 43 CFR 9212.2, the following acts will be prohibited on all public land areas, roads and trails located within and administered by the BLM-Nevada Battle Mountain Field Office until further notice:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using fire, campfire, or stove fuel, except a portable stove using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel, outside of a developed recreation site/campground.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
3. Welding, or operating an acetylene torch with open flames, except by permit.
4. Using, or causing to be used, any explosive, except by permit.
5. Using fireworks or firing a tracer or other incendiary device.
6. Using steel-jacketed firearms ammunition.
Fireworks: Use of fireworks is prohibited on public lands.
Exemptions: The following persons are exempt from this order:
Persons with a valid permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
Any federal, State or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Title 43 CFR 9212.4 provides that any person who knowingly and willfully performs any act restricted by the Fire Prevention Order, is punishable by imprisonment of not more than 12 months or a fine in accordance with the applicable provisions of 18 USC 3571, or both.
This order becomes effective at 12:01 a.m. P.D.T., July 22, 2005 and will remain in effect until rescinded.
Prepared in Battle Mountain, Nevada, this 15th Day of July 2005.
Gerald M. Smith
Battle Mountain Field Office Manager