The National Training Center Presents
SUPERVISOR’S AUDIO FORUM
Tuesday, February 26th, 2013
The key to effective communication …
The National Training Center invites you to join our February audio forum titled “Oral Communication….they key to effective communication.” This 60 minute forum is scheduled for Tuesday, February 26, 2013. The audio forum will be presented by Steve Hall, Public Affairs for Colorado.
Clear and accurate communication, the process by which two or more parties exchange information verbally and share meaning, is essential in life and in the workplace. Articulate, clear, and sensitive communication meets people “where they are,” minimizes misunderstandings and facilitates the workflow. On the management and executive levels, the requirement stretches to include abilities to foster good organizational communication skills.
Oral Communication —Elements:
- Speak honestly, effectively and with integrity.
- Make convincing, articulate, and accurate oral presentations using non-verbal and vocal qualities that support the verbal spoken message.
- Effectively use various communication channels, including meetings, presentations and briefings.
- Actively consider, plan for, and react appropriately to the audience and the contextual environment in order to minimize barriers to understanding.
- Explain complex information clearly and accurately, and seek feedback to determine that understanding has occurred.
- Be an effective facilitator.
- Listen actively, seek clarification when needed and demonstrate sensitivity to a diverse workforce.
We look forward to you joining the February 26th forum at the following time zones:
10:00am MST (Arizona)
DIAL IN TO: 888-889-1960 (Line open 10 minutes before the hour)
PARTICIPANT VERBAL PASSCODE: BLM Forum
TO TALK WITH THE PRESENTER: PRESS *1