U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
Training Center (NTC)
The National Training Center Presents
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
"Influencing and Negotiating"
Building coalitions and communication…
The National Training Center invites you to join our January audio forum titled “Influencing and Negotiating.” This 60 minute forum is scheduled for Tuesday, January 29, 2013. The audio forum will be presented by Steve Cohn, Division Chief, NLCS.
The essence of successful leadership is embodied in the paired competency of
influencing and negotiating which are integral to achieving individual, team, workgroup, and organizational performance at levels beyond those met merely through regulation, compliance, and enforcement.
INFLUENCING AND NEGOTIATING—Elements:
· Use oral and written communication, interpersonal, and non-verbal skills to influence behaviors, or perceptions constructively.
· Have knowledge of self and others, in order to influence perceptions, attitudes and behaviors.
· Develop networks and build strong relationships based on confidence and trust.
· Manage, adapt and modify a wide range of environments and contexts (physical, virtual, small and large groups, organizational methods, processes and cultures) so as to positively influence the achievement of desired behaviors, attitudes or perceptions.
· Have knowledge and skill in the theory and practice of facilitation (helping to build consensus and find common ground).
· Understand theory and practice of negotiation, especially to find common ground and to implement win-win solutions.
10:00am MST (Arizona)
DIAL IN TO: 888-889-1960 (Line open 10 minutes before the hour)
TO TALK WITH THE PRESENTER: PRESS *1