The National Training Center Presents
SUPERVISOR’S AUDIO FORUM
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Leading The Change!
The National Training Center invites you to join our July audio forum titled “Resilience…Leading the change.” This 60 minute forum is scheduled for Tuesday, July 30, 2013. The audio forum will be presented by Ray Suazo, State Director, Arizona.
Resilience enables individuals and organizations to remain effective during difficult times by being flexible in response to obstacles, recovering quickly from adversity, seeking opportunities in challenges (rather than becoming risk averse), and thereby contributing to long-term organizational and personal success. The resilient organization exhibits planning, a proactive approach to reduce the causes of stress, and provides support to its members. It is thus able to maintain a positively-focused, goal-oriented, high-energy culture and to thrive when other organizations are foundering under stressful situations.
- Remain effective in judgment, decision-making, and actions despite pressure, ambiguity and stress.
- Understand and manage situations and variables that contribute to stress arousal in self and others.
- Use analysis and problem solving skills to assess stressful and/or threatening situations and to identify root causes.
- Value and use positive coping/thriving strategies to manage stress and recover from setbacks.
- Understand the internal and external environment and uses that knowledge to plan strategically, to overcome obstacles, and to obtain needed resources.
We look forward to you joining the July 30th forum at the following time zones:
DIAL IN TO: 888-889-1960 (Line open 10 minutes before the hour)
PARTICIPANT VERBAL PASSCODE: BLM Forum
TO TALK WITH THE PRESENTER: PRESS *1