U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIORBUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
An EMS is a set of management processes and procedures that allows an organization to integrate environmental concerns and issues into day-to-day decisions and practices, thereby improving both its environmental and economic performance. It is a process that focuses on continuous environmental improvement, innovation, and more efficient operations.
The NTC has implemented an EMS to help further strengthen BLM’s existing commitment to sound environmental management and operations. The EMS is an integral part of NTC’s daily operations and is incorporated into the long-term planning process across all programs. The NTC EMS will also:
· Comply with all Federal, State, and local environmental laws and regulations.
· Achieve continuous environmental improvement throughout all of program areas, including those not subject to environmental regulation.
· Prevent pollution through the use of alternatives, whenever and wherever possible.
· Incorporate the consideration of environmental factors in all business decisions.
· Ensure a timely correction of issues identified in Compliance Assessment - Safety, Health, and the Environment (CASHE) audit findings.
· Provide appropriate environmental training to employees.
· Monitor and track EMS performance.
· Ensure that all EMS decisions and work are transparent to NTC employees and the public.
· Communicate and reinforce the EMS policy, programs, and services throughout the NTC.
EMS International Organization for Standardization
(ISO) 14001:2004(E) Requirements:
Top management shall review the organization's environmental management system, at planned intervals, to ensure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. Records of the management reviews shall be retained and include the following:
|Last updated: 06-18-2013|
|USA.GOV | No Fear Act | DOI | Disclaimer | About BLM | Notices | Social Media Policy|