Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
Applicant must have access to a stall/corral that meets the following criteria:
- Stall, corral, etc. must contain a minimum of 400 square feet per animal
- Stall, corral, etc. that is 6' tall on all sides with access to feed, water and adequate shelter for anything 2 years or older. The stall/corral height is 5' for a yearling and 4.5' for a burro. (This area is only required until animal is gentled, not for the life of the animal.)
- Stall, corral, etc. must be made of protrusion-free materials, (EX) Wood, Pipe, Cattle Panels. Barb wire is not allowed in the area that is being used for gentling the animal.
- Covered stock trailer. Covered stock trailer refers to: solid top, pipe rails, tarp, etc. BLM will not load into two-horse or drop-ramp trailers.
Applicant must describe their stall/corral, etc. in the application packet and submit to BLM for approval.
- Application - Describe the area where you will keep the animal(s) during the gentling phase. (Application is located in back of brochure.)
Once you have completed the application packet, you may:
- Mail your packet to BLM at 200 Northwest 4th Street, Room 2401, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- or FAX your packet to BLM at (405) 234-5949
- or Hand deliver your packet to BLM at an upcoming adoption site
Upon receipt of your application packet, BLM will notify you by mail of your approval. Approval can take place in a day’s time.
Method of payment: Cash, Money Order, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or Personal Check. Make all checks or money orders out to USDI-BLM. Sorry, no debit cards are accepted. An adoption fee is only required when adopting an animal!