Fall/Winter (November 1 to March 10)
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Gates close at 4:00 p.m.
Spring/Summer (March 11 to October 31)
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Gates close at 6:00 p.m.
Holiday Closure Dates:
• Thanksgiving Day
• Christmas Eve
• Christmas Day
• New Year's Day
Fees - Payable at entrance
- Private Vehicles - $5
Up to 25 individuals - $25
25-100 individuals - $100
No fee. Day-use permit required from BLM. Click here for more information.
- Commercial Tours and Non-Profit Organizations:
Specials-use permit required from BLM. Please contact Rio Puerco Field Office at 505-761-8700
- America the Beautiful Pass – Present at entrance
- Sold and issued at entrance:
- Senior Pass - $10
- Annual Pass - $80
- Military Annual Pass – Free
- Access Pass – Free
Additional things to know before you visit the National Monument
- Restrooms are available
- Thanks to your donations, the Monument has purchased hand sanitizer dispensers and paper towels for all of the Monuments restrooms. These donations help to make our guests experiences more pleasant.
- RV hookups are available at Cochiti Lake Recreation Area.
- Cochiti Lake Convenience Store is approximately 7miles from the National Monument parking area and is adjacent to the Village of Cochiti Lake and the Cochiti Reservoir.
- We recommend that you bring your own drinking water, as there is no running water.
- Closed to Dogs
- Day Use Only
- No open fires, shooting, alcoholic beverages, glass containers or climbing on the "tent rocks."
- Do not trespass on tribal, private, or state land.
- Access to Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks may be closed by order of the Cochiti Tribal Governor.
- Closures will be posted at the gate.
- No motorized vehicles or mountain bikes are allowed.
- Protect live trees and shrubs.
- You may not cut green trees or firewood without a permit.
- No collecting of plants, rocks, obsidian "apache tears," or wildlife.
- Please stay on designated roads and trails.
- Geocaching is prohibited.
- Please, do not feed the wildlife
- Hunting and recreational shooting is not allowed in the Monument.
- All film permits should be submitted 30 days in advance for proper review and scheduling.
- For more information on filming, contact Connie Maestas (505) 761-8907 or Arlene Salazar (505) 761-8772.
- For information about a Special Recreation Permit, contact Jamie Garcia at (505) 761-8787.
Click here for additional Recreation Guidelines and Information