- Open year-round.
- Aguirre Spring Campground
- April to October, the entrance gate is open from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- October to April, the entrance gate is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Non-campers must leave the area by 10:00 p.m. year-round.
- Dripping Springs Natural Area
- From April to September, the entrance gate is open from 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- From October to March, it is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- The Visitors Center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Aguirre Spring Campground
- Day use is $5 per vehicle and $15 per bus.
- Camping fees are $7 per campsite.
- Group sites are $50. Reservations are required.
Dripping Springs Natural Area/La Cueva
- Day use is $5 per vehicle and $15 per bus. A group site is $50.
- No pets allowed
Additional things to know before you visit the National Monument
- Vehicles – Vehicles must remain on existing routes; no cross country driving is permitted.
- Campfires – Fire rings are provided at the Aguirre Spring Campground. Do not leave fires unattended. Camp stoves are recommended throughout the National Monument.
- Camping: Aguirre Spring Campground is the only campground in the Monument and requires a fee. Camping in the vast areas of Desert Peaks and Potrillo Mountains is primitive and does not require a permit or fee.
- Pets – Pets must be kept under control and on a leash at all times within developed recreation areas.
- Fireworks – Possession/discharge of fireworks is prohibited.
- Firearms - Discharge of firearms is prohibited within a ½ mile of a recreation site.
- Litter – Receptacles for trash are located at all developed campgrounds and picnic areas. Please do not litter.
- Cultural Resources – Sites and artifacts dating back many centuries are located within the Monument. Removal or disturbance of these artifacts destroys valuable information about our past and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment.
Click here for additional Recreation Guidelines and Information