The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Las Cruces District Office and the Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation) have prepared an environmental impact statement (EIS) for the proposed Alamogordo Regional Water Supply Project. The EIS analyzed the impacts of a proposal from the City of Alamogordo to develop a well field, construct a pipeline, and construct a desalination water treatment facility in the Tularosa Basin, New Mexico. BLM must receive written comments on the Alamogordo Regional Water Supply Project Final EIS within 30 days following the date the Environmental Protection Agency publishes a Notice of Availability (projected June 2012) in the Federal Register. Printed copies of the EIS are available now.
You may participate in this project in a variety of ways:
- Visit this Web site for project information relating to the NEPA process
- Comments can be submitted by emailed at BLM_NM_LCDO_Comments@blm.gov
- Contact Douglas Haywood, BLM Project Manager at 575-525-4498
- FAX: 575-525-4412, Attention Douglas Haywood
- Mail: Bureau of Land Management, Alamogordo Regional Water Supply Project, Attention: Douglas Haywood, Project Manager, 1800 Marquess Street, Las Cruces, NM 88005