Cache Demobilization Specialist (CDSP) Training
Annually, the Great Basin Cache sponsors a one-day CDPS Workshop. The workshop is held at NIFC and discusses the role of the CDSP. The CDSP position is incorporated into the Incident Logistics Section. This position is widely used on incidents with over 500 personnel assigned. Assignments may last from three to five days. A Red Card is not required.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify and sort supplies and property into pre-designated categories. This will expedite reconditioning and availability of equipment and supplies for other incidents.
- Assist in reducing costs associated with supply demobilization.
- Provide knowledge of Federal Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CFR Part 172).
- Coordinate proper loading procedures for transportation of equipment and supplies.
- Assist Incident Supply Units with knowledge of the National Interagency Support Cache System.
- Assist the Incident Supply Units in completion of required documentation associated with demobilization of cache items.
Target Audience: Any individual with interest in participating in demobilization of cache items from large incidents. Information provided in this workshop would be particularly beneficial to Supply Unit Leaders, Receiving & Distribution Managers and Logistics Section Chiefs.