1310/1530 (MT93400.BT) P
EMAIL TRANSMISSION – 2/16/2009
Instruction Memorandum No. MT-2010-023
To: Leadership Advisory Team
Attn: Administrative Officers
From: State Director
Subject: Policy for Establishing, Monitoring, Closing, and Maintaining Site Information for Real Property Construction Projects
Program Area: Real Property
Purpose: The purpose of this Instruction Memorandum (IM) is to remind field and district personnel of the forms required for construction projects, particularly those that are over the established capitalization threshold of $100,000.00 per item.
Policy/Action: This IM transmits requirements for forms required for Real Property project funds to be accounted for and properly tracked.
As indicated in the revised H-1530-1, Real Property General Operating Procedures (Internal), field/district office property and engineering staffs are required to work together to initiate, manage, close, and maintain information for capitalized real property construction projects. It is the responsibility of the administrative officer in each district office to coordinate the completion of the forms.
The following forms are required at the time the project starts:
• 1310-20: Project/Subproject Number Assignment and Information Form (WO or SO submits). This form is used by property and finance to establish the project in FBMS, allowing the project number to receive expenses and obligation to be recorded.
The following forms are required at the time of the project completion and must be submitted within 60 days:
• 1310-11: Construction Project Completion Report (for any construction project)
• 1530-17: Land Record (the project involves a new or expanded site)
• 1530-18: Building Record (a new building has been added or an existing building has been improved or upgraded)
• 1530-19: Structures Record (a new structure has been added or an existing building has been improved or upgraded)
• 1530-20: Site Improvement Record (site improvements have been made)
• Procurement document - a copy of the complete contract or purchase order
All of the real property forms are electronic and can be accessed on the BLM intranet at http://web.blm.gov/blmforms/. Only registered users of e-forms are able to access the forms.
Submit the originals to Betty Thompson (MT9340), Branch of Business and Fiscal Services (MT9340), who will forward the completed package to the National Operations Center (OC6530).
Timeframe: This IM is effective upon receipt.
Budget Impact: No new budget impacts are anticipated as this IM reaffirms current policy.
Background: Continued emphasis is needed for both the timely accounting for all Real Property assets upon initial receipt and the efficient accounting for maintenance dollars spent on them.
Manual/Handbook Sections Affected: The revised BLM H-1530-1, Real Property General Operating Procedures Handbook (Internal), was the basis for issuing this policy.
Coordination: This IM was coordinated with the State Office Supervisory Civil Engineer.
Contact: If you have any questions, please contact Jack Conner, Supervisory Property Management Specialist, at (406) 896‑5201, or Greg Bergum, Supervisory Civil Engineer, at (406) 896‑5217.
Signed by: Authenticated by:
Gene R. Terland, Jennifer C. McKinley
State Director Staff Assistant (MT9340)
(WO854), Marge Mascher
(OC653), Andra Gerstenkorn