1220 (MT9340.DD) P
EMAIL TRANSMISSION – 7/7/2009
Information Bulletin No. MT-2009-0
To: All Montana/Dakotas Employees
From: Deputy State Director, Division of Support Services
Subject: Bureau of Land Management (BLM) E-mail Efficiencies Guide
Employees have identified the need for guidance in managing e-mail more efficiently. The Washington Office Information Resources Management (WO-500) staff has published an online guide to provide employees with useful tips on managing e-mail more efficiently.
- Why becoming e-mail savvy means lowering e-mail costs at the BLM.
- To compose professional e-mails and other tips on using and managing the e-mails you send and receive.
- Your responsibilities regarding general e-mail messages and those associated with Indian Trust issues.
- What your e-mail limitations are from a security perspective.
- About the use of the external web client and Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) devices.
- Lotus Notes how-to’s, with step-by-step instructions for checking, compacting and archiving your mailbox.
If additional guidance is required, please notify Debbie DeBock, State Records Administrator, at (406) 896-5157.
Signed by: Authenticated by:
Diane M. Friez Jennifer C. McKinley, (MT9340)
Deputy State Director, Staff Assistant (O.A.)
Division of Support Services