Public Review Period Open on Draft Butte RMP and EIS
The Draft Butte Resource Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement (Draft RMP/EIS) for Bureau of Land Management (BLM) administered lands in the Butte Field Office is now available. The public has 90 days to review the draft plan and submit comments to BLM. Copies of the document were sent to interested parties previously requesting one.
A printed copy of the Draft RMP/EIS is also available for public review at the following locations in southwest Montana: BLM Offices in Butte, Dillon, and Missoula; Forest Service Offices in Bozeman, Butte, Dillon, Helena, and Wise River; and Public Libraries in Anaconda, Bozeman, Butte, Boulder, Dillon, Helena, Livingston, and Whitehall.
The BLM will hold informational open houses between 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. at six locations in or near the planning area:
- Tuesday, July 17, in Helena at the Chamber of Commerce Conference Room, 225 Cruse Ave.;
- Wednesday, July 18, in Townsend at the High School Community Room 201 N. Spruce St.;
- Thursday, July 19, in Butte at the BLM Conference Room, 106 N. Parkmont;
- Monday, July 23, in Boulder at St. Catherine’s Community Room, 214 S. Elder;
- Tuesday, July 24, in Divide at the Grange Hall (near the school); and
- Wednesday, July 25, in Bozeman at the Public Library, 626 East Main.
The BLM also extends an offer to organizations to receive specific briefings on the Draft RMP/EIS during the comment period. If your organization would like to schedule a briefing with the BLM, please contact Tim La Marr at 533-7645 or Traci Scott at 533-7649.
Written comments must be received by the Butte BLM by close of business, 4:30 p.m., September 6, 2007, to be considered. Send written comments to: Tim La Marr, BLM Butte Field Office, 106 North Parkmont, Butte, Montana 59701. Comments may be faxed to the BLM at (406) 533-7660 or emailed to MT_Butte_RMP@blm.gov
The BLM lands administered by the Butte Field Office are located in southwest Montana in Beaverhead, Broadwater, Deer Lodge, Gallatin, Jefferson, Lewis and Clark, Park, and Silver Bow Counties. For general information, call the BLM Butte Field Office at 533-7600, or for information on the Draft RMP/EIS contact Tim La Marr at 533-7645.