Know Before You Go: River Trip Preparation
Permits are required for all river entry. All parties launching on the Owyhee, Bruneau or Jarbidge River Systems must complete a registration form at the launch site. The top copy goes in the registration box at the launch site. The bottom copy is carried by the trip leader on the river. While on the river, the registration form must be presented upon request by any BLM, State, or County employee.
--Download fillable PDFs for the Owyhee River and the Bruneau-Jarbidge rivers--
What should I pack for a river trip?
- First aid kit
- Patch kit
- Extra oars and paddles
- Spare Personal Flotation Devices (PFD)
- Fire pans and portable toilets
- Repair kit with pump (for rafts)
- Warm clothing
- Attention-getting device (ie. air horn, whistle, or other loud device) in case you get in trouble.
- Throw bag (safety rope)
- Water or water filtration system (recommended: one gallon/person/day)