Egin Lakes Campground
WINTER CLOSURE: Egin Lakes Campground is now closed for the season. BLM officials expect the campground to be closed until Spring 2014, depending on snow levels and road conditions. For more information regarding seasonal closures, please contact the BLM Upper Snake Field Office at 208-524-7500.
The Egin Lakes Campground offers a potable water system, RV dump station and 48 improved camp units, including electrical service.
- 10 “A” sites: $60/night; 40 ft. by 100 ft.; Picnic tables with awnings
- 18 “B” sites: $30/night; 25 ft. by 100 ft.; Picnic tables with awnings
- 20 “C” sites: $25/night; Most 16 ft. by 70 ft.
Please Note: Sharing electrical service between units is prohibited. Only one camping unit at a time is permitted to operate off a each electrical pedestal. Please carefully read the instructions located on each panel for hook-up and safety.
- Fees must be paid on entry at the self-service pay station
- $10.00 per use at RV dump station
- Season pass available for $60
- Holders of a Federal Interagency Recreation Pass are not required to pay the day-use fee.
- Camping is half-price for Senior and Access pass holders.
- No advance reservation system for the campground
- Parking motorized vehicles and ORVs under camp shelters and on concrete table pads is not allowed
- Campsites with blue parking curbs are designated as Handicapped Access sites. Use of these sites for that purpose is infrequent, but if a person who is handicapped (with a valid ticker or license plate) makes a request for one of those sites, anyone else occupying it is expected to move.
More Local Camping Options/Information for Dune Access
- Idaho Dunes RV Park (208-624-3275), 1.5 miles east of Egin Lakes
- Sand Hills Resort (208-624-4127); 7 miles from Egin Lakes
- No overnight camping or open campfires are allowed in the Sand Mountain Wilderness Study Area (WSA), except in the designated Red Road Open Sand Campfire Area.
- The Cinder parking lot east of Red Road Open Sand Campfire Area is a day-use area only. No camping is permitted there.
- Open campfires are prohibited inside the Sand Mountain WSA, except in the designated Red Road Open Sand Campfire Area.
- Burning of any material other than charcoal, paper, and wood (untreated and free of nails, staples and foreign objects) in all campsites is prohibited throughout the St. Anthony Sand Dunes Special Recreation Management Area (SRMA). Prohibited materials include, but are not limited to, pallets, treated lumber, furniture, tires, glass, heavy plastics, aluminum, gasoline, etc.