St. Anthony Sand Dunes-Egin Lakes Access
Endless OHV opportunities, camping and horseback riding on 10,000 acres of dunes rising to 400 feet
Egin Lakes Campground is closed for the season and is scheduled to reopen mid-April 2015. For more information regarding seasonal closures, please contact the BLM Upper Snake Field Office at 208-524-7500.
- Camping ($25-$60/day, according to size of camping unit and amenities)
- Day Use Fees
- $10.00 per use of RV dump stations
- $60.00 season pass
- $5.00 per vehicle/per day
- Parking (3 graveled areas), ATV unloading ramp, equestrian trailer area
- RV dump station
- Concessions, water stations, picnic sites
- Contact station area: law enforcement, EMS, Idaho Air Rescue
- Regulations: Safety flags, annual ORV sticker; designated routes, ride only in open sand; no glass containers; all riders under age 18 must wear helmets (ID state law).
- Campfires are only allowed in designated areas - Citations will be issued for illegal burning
- Remember to stay on designated routes and observe all posted signs.
The riding area of the big dunes is open April 1 - December 31. The smaller dunes between Thunder Mountain and the Red Road are open year-round, but are usually are covered in snow by January 1. The big dunes and the surrounding area are part of a Winter Closure Area that starts January 1 - sunrise April 1 on the sand and thru sunrise May 1 for the surrounding area outside the open sand dunes.
50 miles northwest of Idaho Falls, Idaho
From US-20 northbound, take the North Rexburg exit. Turn left, onto 1900 E. (Parker-Salem Highway and the Red Road). Travel 6.3 miles north to the 2nd flashing light (at the 4-way STOP). Turn left and travel 0.85 miles to the split in the road.Stay right, over the railroad tracks and continue on 500 N for 2.9 miles. At the Egin Lakes Access sign turn right onto the paved access road.
From US-20 southbound, take exit #346 (Saint Anthony City Center). Turn right onto Bridge Street and continue through the stop light to West 4th N. Turn left onto West 4th N, which turns into 600 N after you leave city limits. Follow 600 N approximately 3 miles until you reach the intersection with Red Road. Turn left to go to Egin Lakes access or right to the parking and dispersed camping areas along Red Road.