Slate Creek Recreation Site
This is a small, day-use area with shade, boat launch, and six developed campsites with tables and fire rings.
10 miles south of Whitebird, Idaho, Highway 95 | Driving Directions
Vinegar Creek to Hammer Creek: Detailed Maps | Overview Map
- Developed site
- Campgrounds - 5 sites with fire rings and some barbeque grills
- Drinking water
- Boat Ramp - concrete
- Fee: $10/night
- 14-day maximum stay
- Restrooms - 3 vault toilets
- Parking Area
- Year-round use
- Fees - camping $10 per night per camper/$4 per additional vehicle not in tow per night. Camping only allowed at designated numbered camp sites. Federal Interagency Access Pass provides for a 50% discount off the fees in this notice for card holder and their vehicle.
- Each campsite unit is defined as: 1 vehicle or 1 rv/camper and/or multiple tents per campsite. Any additional rv/camper at a campsite is $10.00 per rv/camper per night and any additional vehicles not in tow are $4.00 per vehicle per night.
- Campground Fees Must Be Paid Within 30 Minutes After Occupying Site / All fees collected are used at this site for improvements and maintenance
- Dogs must be on a leash that is under 6 feet
- Garbage disposal on site. Disposal of any household or industrial refuse or waste brought in from private or municipal property is prohibited and subject to fines.
- First come, first served basis - no reservations
- Maximum 14-day stay
- Year-round use
- Permits are required for commercial recreation use and competitive events. Organized group activities and events may also require a permit. Contact the Cottonwood Field Office at 208-962-3245 for more information.