Cottonwood Field Office

Pine Bar Recreation Site

This site lies along the Lower Salmon River, surrounded by semi-arid mountain peaks. It is a frequent put-in spot for floating the Lower Salmon River via raft, kayak, jet boat or power boat. Visitors participate in other recreational activities here such as camping, fishing and picnicking. Several large beaches provide perfect swimming opportunities.

Directions: About 11 miles south of Cottonwood on Graves Creek Road | Driving Directions


Hammer Creek to Heller Bar: Detailed Maps | Overview Map 



  • Developed site 
  • Campground - 6 sites with fire rings and picnic tables
  • Day-use area with beach
  • Drinking water
  • Boat ramp - concrete
  • Restrooms - 5 vault toilets
  • Fees - Camping $7 per night per camper/$4 per additional vehicle not in tow per night. Camping only allowed at designated numbered camp sites. Federal Interagency  Access Pass provides for a 50% discount off the fees in this notice for card holder and their vehicle.
  • Each campsite unit is defined as: 1 vehicle or 1 rv/camper and/or multiple tents per campsite. Any additional rv/camper at a campsite is $7.00 per rv/camper per night and any additional vehicles not in tow are $4.00 per vehicle per night.
  • Campground Fees Must Be Paid Within 30 Minutes After Occupying Site / All fees collected are used at this site for improvements and maintenance
  • Dogs must be on a leash that is under 6 feet
  • Garbage disposal on site. Disposal of any household or industrial refuse or waste brought in from private or municipal property is prohibited and subject to fines.
  • First come, first served basis - no reservations
  • Maximum 14-day stay
  • Year-round use
  • Permits are required for commercial recreation use and competitive events. Organized group activities and events may also require a permit. Contact the Cottonwood Field Office at 208-962-3245 for more information.
  • You need to display the Discover Pass on your vehicle when visiting state recreation lands managed by the Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, the Washington State Department of Natural Resources and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.  This includes the use of Heller Bar.  For more information, call the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife at (866) 320-9933 and visit the following website

Pine Bar