Hammer Creek Recreation Site
The site lies along the Lower Salmon River, surrounded by semi-arid mountain peaks. It is a frequent put-in spot for boating the Lower Salmon River via raft, kayak, jet boat or power boat.
Approximately 2.7 miles from Highway 95, near White Bird | Driving Directions
Vinegar Creek to Hammer Creek: Detailed Maps | Overview Map
Hammer Creek to Heller Bar: Detailed Maps | Overview Map
- Developed site
- Campground - 12 sites with picnic table, fire rings and some BBQ grills
- Day use area with picnic tables and BBQ grills
- Drinking water
- Boat ramp - concrete
- Valut toilets - 2
- Flush toilets - 2
- Parking area
- RV dump station
- Changing rooms - 2
- Open year-round
- Fees - Camping is $10 per night per camper, plus $4 per additional vehicle not in tow per night. Camping only allowed at designated numbered campsites. Federal Interagency Access Pass provides for a 50% discount off the fees in this notice for card holder and their vehicle.
- Each campsite unit is defined as: 1 vehicle or 1 rv/camper and/or multiple tents per campsite. Any additional rv/camper at a campsite is $10 per rv/camper per night, and any additional vehicles not in tow are $4 per vehicle per night.
- Dogs must be on a leash (6 feet or less)
- Garbage disposal on site. Disposal of any household or industrial refuse or waste brought in from private or municipal property is prohibited and subject to fines.
- Campground fees must be paid within 30 minutes after occupying site.
- First come, first served - no reservations
- All fees collected are used at this site for improvements and maintenance
- Permits are required for commercial recreation use and competitive events. Organized group activities and events may also require a permit. Contact the Cottonwood Field Office at 208-962-3245 for more information.