Huckleberry is the only full-service RV camping site on this stretch of the St. Joe River. Reservations are not accepted, so availability is first come, first served.
Map | Brochure
The site is suitable for all types of camping vehicles and tents. The 33 camp units each have a paved trailer pad, electric and water hookups, picnic table, fire ring and gravel tent pad. The river is a trout fishing stream popular with fly fishers. Rafting, canoeing and tubing are popular in the summer. The St. Joe country is also famous for elk hunting.
Directions: Approximately 30 miles east of St. Maries, Idaho: take Highway 3 north from St. Maries for less than 1 mile, then right on St. Joe River Road to mile 29.5.
- Garbage goes in trash cans only and not in the fire rings! Aluminum cans and all forms of plastic should be recycled.
- ORV drivers (off-road vehicle) within the campground must have a valid driver’s license.
- All ORV use is restricted to the site roadway and the camp spurs.
- Driving or parking any motorized vehicle on the grass or tent pads is prohibited.
- Parking on the gravel beside the camp spurs and along the site roadway cannot impede traffic.
- Pay your camp fee within ½ hour of selecting a campsite. Post the receipt on the clip provided on the site number post. Be sure to fill out the fee permit in full.
- Keep your pets on a leash! Leashes must be 6 feet or less in length in developed campgrounds. Pets must be in the control of the owner at all times.
- Clean up after your pets. Pet waste bags supplied at stations near east entrance and near the dump station.
- Quiet time is from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The maximum length of stay is 14 nights.
- 6 toilets
- Pay phone
- Information kiosk
- Overflow parking lots
- RV dump-station (Memorial Day - October)
- 7 fresh water stations
- Fee collection stations at each entrance (fees collected at this site are used at this site)
- Recycling program utilized
- Horseshoe pits near each entrance
- 7 convenient pull-through sites
- Paved roadway and single family site parking
- Firewood available (additional fee)
- Trees and shrubs providing separation
between individual sites and highway
Camping Fee Requirements
- $18.00 per site per night (w/ electric and water hookup)
- $14.00 per night without electricity
- $5.00 per night extra vehicle not in tow
- $4.00 per night extra electric hookup
- $5.00 dump station maintenance fee
- Holders of the Golden Age Pass and the America the Beautiful-The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Senior and Access Pass pay half of the standard fee.
Large Group Sites #31-33
- Limit of 6 vehicles / site
- Limit of 25 people / site
- 3 sets of RV hookups with 30 amp service / site
- 2 picnic tables / site
- 2 campfire rings with grills / site