Joe T. Fallini Campground
Desription: The Joseph T. Fallini Campground (formerly Mackay Reservoir Recreation Site) is the only recreational site in Challis that offers full RV hookups and features a diversity of other facilities. This scenic area has a gorgeous view of the Lost River Range and offers recreational opportunities such as boating in the summer and ice fishing in late winter.
The Mackay Reservoir offers plenty of opportunities for jet skiing, water skiing and sailing. This newly renovated site (Joe T. Fallini Recreation Site) offers a boat ramp which provides access to the Reservoir. There are other boat launches along the reservoir (and one downstream of the dam), operated as Fish and Game Sportsman Accesses.
Location: north of Mackay, Idaho/south of Challis. Travel north from Mackay on Highway 93 for approximately 6 miles. The site will be on the west side of the highway.
- Developed campground
- Grouse Loop- 14 single RV campsites with picnic tables, fire rings, power and water hookups; 4 tent-only sites with central water
- Chukar Loop- 4 double RV sites and 4 single RV sites with picnic tables, fire rings, power and water hookups.
- Tent $6; Tent with water $10; $14 water and electric; $16 double site (plus $4 for each power pedestal used)
- Shade shelters available for 8 of the RV sites and all of the tent-only sites
- Paved roads and parking
- 5 vault restrooms
- Potable water (drinking fountains)
- 4 day-use family shelters
- 1 reservable day-use group shelter; $25/day; call Challis Field Office 208-879-6200
- Seasonal camp hosts
- Boat ramp and docks
- Dump station
- Garbage collection