The inclusion of a parcel listed in a sale notice may be protested. All protests must meet the following requirements:
• The BLM must receive a protest no later than close of business on the 30th day after the sale notice is posted. The protest must include any statement of reasons to support the protest. The BLM will dismiss a late-filed protest or a protest filed without a statement of reasons.
• All protests must reference the IDI 5-digit serial number.
• A protest must include the name and address of the protesting party.
• A protest must state the interest of the protesting party in the matter.
• A protest may be filed either by mail in hardcopy form or by telefax. You may not file a protest by electronic mail.
A protest sent by mail must be addressed to the Idaho State Director at 1387 South Vinnell Way, Boise, Idaho, 83709. A protest filed by fax must be sent to (208) 373-3899. A protest sent to a fax number other than the fax number identified or a protest filed by electronic mail will be dismissed.
• If the party signing the protest is doing so on behalf of an association, partnership or corporation, the signing party must reveal the relationship between them. For example, unless an environmental group authorizes an individual member of its group to act on their behalf, the individual cannot make a protest in the group's name.