Clearwater Management Council (CMC) represents the Counties of Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce, plus the associated agencies in Idaho. A five member executive committee governs the CMC, which is coordinated by the Cottonwood Field Office of the Bureau of Land Management.
The CMC mission is to facilitate river recreation for area residents and visitors on the Clearwater River and its tributaries, to include the North Fork of the Clearwater River, Potlatch and Lolo creeks.
Lewis County Commissioner
• Cooperatively monitor and manage the economic, environmental, social and recreational impacts of salmon and steelhead fishing.
• Facilitate appropriate public access to recreation resources where appropriate.
• Promote boating safety and the use of licensed Idaho river outfitters and fishing guides.
• Facilitate cooperative river management with county, state, tribal and federal agencies.
• Develop opportunities to educate the public about the river, its fisheries, and history.
• Provide for an arena of information exchange.
CMC MANAGEMENT DOCUMENTS
Clearwater River Recreation Plan: Inventory of Existing Conditions (1986)
Intergovernmental Memorandum of Understanding (2012) to be added
Process and Recommendations, Clearwater River Recreation Plan (1988)
Recreation User Survey on the Clearwater River