INFORMATION NOTICE - Limitations on Credit Cards
The following changes will take place regarding credit card usage at the BLM Eastern States oil and gas auctions, effective June 30, 2012. This policy will be fully implemented in the September 13, 2012 lease sale.
- Individual transactions will be limited to $49,999.99. This limit has been lowered from the current amount of $99,999.99 and now applies only to credit card transactions.
- You may not split the individual transactions greater than $49,999.99 into two or more transactions over one or multiple days.
- We will not accept multiple cards from the same company for one transaction, but will accept a card from different companies limiting each transaction to no more than $49,999.99.
- You may pay for your oil and gas lease parcel using credit cards or a personal or cashier's check. Cash is not accepted.
- If you would like to utilize Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments or Fed Wire payments for the balance bonus payment, the instructions are attached to Information Bulletin OC-2012-025. Please contact our Accounting Office at 703-440-1600 of you need assistance.