- The LR2000 contains applicant and land use data on leases, permits, contracts, agreements, unpatented mining claims, and other use authorizations issued or recorded by the BLM. Use authorizations pertain to oil and gas, coal, sand, gravel, grazing, communication sites, and rights-of-way.
- The Geocommunicator is an interactive map viewer that permits users to search and display LR2000 records including: oil and gas, geothermal, solid mineral and coal leases, mining claims, stipulations and conveyances, as well as download and dynamically map Public Land Survey System (PLSS) data. Users can also view grazing allotment and pasture boundaries on this site.
Associated Energy and Minerals Program Links:
- ONRR- The Office of Natural Resources Revenue is responsible for royalty collections and offshore-Federal minerals.
- USGS - The U.S. Geological Survey is responsible for mineral resource information.
Oil and Gas Operations Links:
- GoldBook - Best Management Practices for Oil and Gas Development on the Public Lands
Surface Management Agencies:
- GSA - General Services Administration land disposal actions
- EPA - Environmental Protection Agency for site descriptions
- EIA - Energy Information Agency for energy information
- CB - Census Bureau for census information
- BEA - Bureau of Economic Analysis for economic information
- DOA - Department of Agriculture for economic information on agriculture
- FRB - Federal Reserve Bank for interest rates
State Divisions of Natural Resources and Geological Surveys for Local Information:
Universities with Mining and Geology Departments:
Private Organizations for Data:
Geological Survey of Alabama
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA