The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will reject your bid if you do not follow these instructions
- The BLM is conducting the land sale by accepting written bids only. You can use the SALE BID FORM AND CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY to submit a bid, or you can enclose a signed statement showing the total amount of the bid and the name, mailing address, and phone number of the entity making the bid. BLM will not open your bid until the day after bidding closes.
- The BLM is offering to sell a 0.82 acre parcel in Marquette County, Michigan, legally described as Lot 7 in Section 21 of Township 42 North and Range 24 West of the Michigan Principal Meridian.
- The land for sale has been serialized as case file number MIES-056498. The serialized BLM number represents the land for sale. Clearly mark all correspondence and envelopes with the BLM serial number.
- Enter the total amount of your bid. (If you are declared the high bidder, this amount will become the purchase price). The minimum bid is the fair market value of the parcel as determined by the appraisal approved by the Office of Valuation Services dated October 30, 2012. The minimum bid for MIES-056498 is $4,200.
- Enter twenty percent (20%) of the amount of your bid on the bid form. BID DEPOSIT: each bid must be accompanied by a certified check, postal money order, bank draft, or cashiers check made payable in U.S. dollars to the Bureau of Land Management, for 20 percent of the amount of your bid. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- Envelopes containing the bid deposit and sale bid form or signed statement, must be marked on the front lower left-hand corner with “SEALED BID BLM LAND SALE, MIES-056498”. The BLM will date stamp the outside of the sealed-bid envelope upon receipt.
- Bids and sale bid forms and certificates of eligibility or signed statements containing the required information must be mailed to the Bureau of Land Management, Northeastern States Field Office, 626 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 200, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202-4617.
- Bids must be received at the Northeastern States Field Office no later than 3:00 p.m. local time on April 29, 2013. As a precaution, you may wish to send your bid by certified mail.
CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY
- The Certificate of Eligibility or a signed statement by a qualified bidder stating their eligibility must be completed. Federal law requires that bidders must be (1) United States citizens 18 years of age or older, (2) a corporation subject to the laws of any State or of the United States, (3) an entity including, but not limited to associations or partnerships capable of acquiring and owning real property, or interests therein, under the laws of the State of Michigan, or (4) a State, State instrumentality, or political subdivision authorized to hold real property.
- If you are bidding as an individual, partnership, corporation, etc., check the appropriate space on the Certificate of Eligibility, or prepare a signed statement indicating your eligibility. Proof of qualifications of citizenship, corporation or partnership must be provided prior to patent issuance. Print your name and/or corporation, partnership or government entity as it would be shown on the patent.