Environmental Education at Meadowood
Meadowood offers environmental education programs for homeschoolers, public and private schools, local 4-H groups and community youth agencies. Programs consist of bird identification, fishing, habitat hikes, tree identification, Urban Leave No Trace, tracking, invasive weed removal, clean-up days, and many other outdoor environmental education activities.
Environmental Programs and Partnerships
Hands on the Land (HOL)
Hands on the Land is a program of Partners in Resource Education (PRE), and alliances of Federal agencies that manage public lands or work with America’s private land owners. HOL provides a national network of field classroom to enhance kindergarten through high school student learning. The Meadowood listing for Hands on the Land is at this link: www.handsontheland.org
- Freedom High School
- Rippon Middle School
- Gunston Elementary School
- The Greater Washington Urban League Inc.
- The George Washington University
- The George Washington Carver Outdoor School, Inc.
- Camp Fire USA
- Living Classrooms of the National Capital Region
- Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
- National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America