1. Public review of the BLM inventory data: First, we asked the public to review our inventory to ensure its accuracy. Second, we asked which routes are important to the public and why.
2. Finalizing the route inventory: Following the public meetings, the BLM reviewed comments, ground truthed routes identified by the public, and finalized the inventory.
3. Development of alternatives: The BLM developed a range of alternatives for all natural, biological, and cultural resources; resource uses; and special designations for the draft Resource Management Plan.
4. Travel management alternatives: After the resource alternatives were drafted, the BLM developed travel and transportation alternatives based on the resource objectives in the different alternatives and on public comment.
5. Draft RMP public comment period: The BLM released its alternatives for travel management concurrent with the release of its draft RMP. The public has 90 days after the release to comment on the plan and travel management.
6. Revisions for the proposed RMP: During this stage, the BLM will use the public comments received during step 5.