There is plenty of wildlife to observe on lands managed by the Royal Gorge Field Office, below are some hints on how successfully view them.
- The early morning and evening hours are usually the best times to view wildlife.
- Be quiet and still. Quick movements and loud noises startle most wildlife.
- Be patient. It may take time for wildlife to come your way.
- Binoculars, monoculars, spotting scopes and a telephoto lens are the best ways of getting a close-up look of wildlife behaving normally. Getting too close usually causes the animal to stop its natural behavior.
- Do not pursue wildlife. Be considerate and recognize signs of stress. Play it safe by keeping a safe distance between you and the wildlife.