All Wilderness Areas are CLOSED to motorized vehicles.
These are the primary ATV routes in the Lake City area. Check with the local Forest Service and BLM office at the Lake City Visitor's Center for other routes that may be open.
- A 4-mile side trip off the Lake Fork road that takes you through the old townsite of Sherman and up a spectacular canyon.
Carson Road/Wager Gulch
- A 4-mile side trip south of the Lake Fork road that passes the well-preserved ghost town of Carson and continues over the Continental Divide to Pearl Lakes in the Rio Grande watershed.
- A 4-mile side trip north of Henson Creek that dead-ends at the boundary of the Uncompahgre Wilderness and accesses the trailhead to Uncompahgre Peak (14,309 ft.).
- A 5-mile trail through dense forests and alpine tundra to the Continental Divide. You can continue over the Divide to Spring Creek Pass.
North Henson Creek
- A 4-mile side trip that offers fishing, scenery, and access to the Uncompahgre Wilderness.