- Area borders Eagle River from Edwards to Dotsero and is near steep slopes and cliffs up 800 feet above the river.
- River is at mid-level elevation and is accessible year round.
- Inactive volcanic crater and lava flow are near Dotsero.
- Recreation includes rafting and fishing.
- Wildlife includes ducks, geese, blue heron, bald eagles and other raptors.
Eagle River is paralleled by I-70 and all sites are accessed by paved frontage road, Old Highway 6. From Glenwood Springs, take I-70 east to Dotsero exit, Gypsum exit, Eagle or Wolcott exits.